PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Seeds

BrkTrt
10-29-2009, 06:46 PM
I just finished carving the Halloween jack o lantern, and roasted the seeds, a little salt and a wonderful snack.

- Brk Trt

Jax
10-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey Brk Trt; You mentioning Pumpkin seeds Brings back memories of my three sisters and me fighting over who would have the Pumpkin Seeds in the Smooth Apricot Jam. [Jelly] When we were little and living in South Africa during the Second World War.

Seems The main ingredient of jam [Jelly] was Pumpkin Pulp during that time, and boy did the seeds taste good. Brought a smile to this Old Fellahs face. Thanks. Jax

Alpinefly
10-30-2009, 12:07 AM
That is one thing we do every year after doing all the elaborate carving !!!!!! ;)

adam
10-30-2009, 04:11 AM
We carved pumpkins this evening.

It's a right of passage for this home, kids and all.

I'll buy the seeds, we have enough to do.

:D[attachment=0:10kq0k31]carving.jpg[/attachment:10kq0k31]

greendrake
10-30-2009, 07:54 AM
:D I see that Noah is really watching what Dad is doing very intently.Nothing better than families doing things together!Thanks for sharing that one Adam.

Chef
10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Pumpkin seeds are very diverse and even use them in Kai, our 5 star, 5 diamond restaurant - I recently put them on a nice chunk of foie gras :) for our menu.

Gerard
11-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Pumpkin seeds are very diverse and even use them in Kai, our 5 star, 5 diamond restaurant - I recently put them on a nice chunk of foie gras :) for our menu.

Man I love those roasted pumpkin seeds in salad.
PS. This is Chef’s domain and he knows what’s good. I still use his puerco pibil recipe, not to mention the annatto seeds he kindly sent me for the recipe. ;)

Chef
12-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Gerard,

Let me know if I can send you anything else - you can follow me on Twitter - (KaiChef)

Lots of goodies :bigthumb: