PDA

View Full Version : Your own smallstreams.com email address

gusstrand
10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
As a way of paying the ongoing monthly bills without hassling everyone or being complicated about it and giving a little coolness back, for a donation of $15 or more to the site, every member has the option of getting their own @smallstreams.com email forwarding account. This is an inbound email alias - email sent to the smallstreams address will be forwarded to an address you provide.

What that means is that once it is set up, as long as I own the domain (and I expect it to be a long time) you will have an email alias to use as you see fit. The way it works is easy - you give me an existing email address that you would like the smallstreams alias to forward all emails to, and the name you would like to use "XYZ"@smallstreams.com and I'll set it up. If your other email changes, just let me know, and I'll edit it. Your smallstreams.com email will remain constant.

How does this work?

Send $15 or more to piscator at earthlink dotnet via paypal, with "Smallstreams Email Alias" in the subject line, and with your desired forwarding address in the message from paypal. I'll then set it up, and you can start telling people that your new email address is as cool as you are... @smallstreams.com.

adam
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Sign me up for one Gus.

I see it as a support donation.

Can you make a PayPal "donate" button?

It's easy.

Thanks.

adam

gusstrand
10-29-2009, 02:12 PM
You're set up, adam. I'm at a conference at the moment but will get a donate button in the footer tomorrow...

gusstrand
10-30-2009, 08:30 AM
OK, there is now a "Donate" button at the bottom of the pages, guys. :)

Cross Creek
11-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Either the "Donate" link isn't working correctly and I didn't complete the transaction or I donated twice :roll: Ordinarily, I put in my credit card linked to my Paypal account and the system recognizes it and asks me if I want to use the card or my bank account. This time, when I click on the "review and pay" button, it comes back with my entry page, minus the amount and my address, asking me to put in an amount over 0. After it did this twice, I stopped trying. Also, assuming at least one payment went through, I need to complete the email registration--how?
Thanks,
-CC

gusstrand
11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Just checked. Nothing came through. Check your paypal history for me, would you? It was working, I'm not sure what happened and apologize.

I'm going to remove the button and redo the code.

In the mean time, the easy way is direct - my paypal is piscator@earthlink.net, just put smallstreams in the transaction somewhere.

On the email setup, PM me or include in the paypal email what email address you want the smallstreams email address to forward to and what you would like to be the first part of the mail and I'll get it set up.

gusstrand
11-02-2009, 05:08 PM
My fault.

Should be fixed now. When I changed the theme I think I left off some of the paypal code in the footer. Put you in an infinite non finishing loop... Apologies.

Cross Creek
11-02-2009, 05:30 PM
I think the problem is at Paypal--it took two tries to get even a standard transaction via credit card to go through. Should be on the way with email instructions included. Thanks for doing this for us.
-CC

gusstrand
11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
No problem - I know the code is legit and of integrity here for sure, which is always good.

Done deal! Check your email... :)

gusstrand
12-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Satoshi - your mail is set up... :) Thanks for the support!

gusstrand
09-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Got a donation the other day... Donald Nicolson... I need to know what you want your email to be and what address you want it to forward to! PM Me!